amica24 is accredited to a number of recognised quality standards including:
Quality Standards Framework (QSF)
The Telecare Services Association (TSA) the industry body for technology enabled care (TEC) services awarded us Green/fully compliant status in all Standards and Service Delivery Modules of the Quality Standards Framework.
In the audit report, it was commented: “It is evident that amica24 is a listening and learning organisation, ambitious and brave, and actively deploying its vision to be a technological leader”.
To attain accreditation, exceptional call handling performance is required with 97.5% of calls to be answered within 60 seconds. However, we are extremely proud to exceed this requirement, with our own internal target of 98.5%.
International Standards Organisation (ISO) – ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Achievement of the standard demonstrates our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements. It is independently assessed and all aspects of service delivery are examined from policies and procedures to the training and development of our teams.
Investors in People (Gold) & Customer Service Excellence
As part of The Community Housing Group, we have achieved the Customer Service Excellence standard for the quality of our customer services and the prestigious Investors in People Gold Standard for our commitment to employee development and training. We have a comprehensive range of policies and procedures which include Customer Care, Code of Conduct for Employees, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Risk Management and Business Continuity.
Maintaining quality services that are accountable and consistent
Our high and consistent level of call performance is ensured by:
- Live reporting within the Monitoring & Response Centre using wallboard screens to display live and daily performance.
- Daily performance reports delivered to all key management and supervisory personnel (including the Head of Service)
- Use of a Productivity Tool for comprehensive analysis of performance, resourcing and workforce data for our management team.
- Planning for anticipated increases in call volume and responding with ‘pool relief’ Operator positions within the workforce to meet demand.
- On-call support from amica24’s Management Team and Monitoring & Response Centre Supervisors Team providing a timely and effective response to call volume spike.
- Monthly quarterly and annual key performance indicators (KPI) to maintain internal performance management, TSA QSF accreditation, internal and external auditing and resource management.
We are proud of our commitment to customer service and this is evidenced through our customer charter, which sets out how we deliver exceptional customer service:
- We will be friendly, helpful and caring
- We will help people to be safe, healthy and independent
- We will be professional, polite and work as a team to provide brilliant customer service
- We will communicate in a timely manner and do what we say we will do
- We will listen to feedback and work with customers to continually improve
- We will tailor our services to support the individual, their families and carers
- We will embrace and utilise technology to support people and improve their lives
- We will maintain our records accurately, keep them securely and ensure confidentiality at all times.
We request feedback from our service users and customers on a regular basis to monitor our performance and support our continuous improvement. Satisfaction levels are very high with an overall level of satisfaction of 98.7% (2016 survey).
Exceptional call handling quality
Monitoring of calls for quality is carried out by the Monitoring & Response Centre Team Manager and supervisors.
A selection of 5 calls per operator are assessed each month (with a minimum of 2 scheme and 2 dispersed alarm calls included) using our Call Quality Assessment Tool. We assess a variety of call types and vary this across the year to monitor our performance in handling the range of scenarios which occur.
Call assessments are recording for training purposes and are included in our monthly 1-2-1s and annual appraisal processes. Any specific training requirements picked up through call assessment are fed into our Operator Training Programme and highlighted at our monthly team meetings as required.
Monitoring & Response Centre Productivity Tool
The productivity tool provides comprehensive analysis of performance, resourcing and workforce data for our management team.
The tool uses the following:
- Total call volumes
- Volumes per hour
- Volumes per hour per operator
- Hourly % of daily call volume
- Call duration
- Resource calculator based on volumes and productivity – traffic light system indicates call volumes per operator per hour with attached thresholds to indicate what response is required
- Projections Widget to input increased volumes and calculate required resourcing for higher levels.